Under direct supervision, performs simple, basic welding applications. Understands how to perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications. Develops skill to read and interpret blueprints. Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team. Supports the team and team’s objectives. Learns skills to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
- Clean and stamp all welds.
- Set-up/run all structural non-code welds.
- Know how to run all welding equipment.
• Ability to read drawings, WPS’s/PQR’s.
- Knowledge of PT, MT, UT, RT methods.
• Speed of accomplishing tasks – Slow.
• Ability to work safely – Good.
- Average Percent of weld repairs – <1.5%.
- Knowledge of welding processes.
- Must have a strong understanding of how to interpret and use blueprints, welding specifications, and welding procedures.
- Must be able to use and read welding measuring devices to include but not limited to squares, levels, and tape measures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent diploma.
- 1 year or less of experience.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- High School
- Production Equipment