Managing and overseeing project cycles, from project acceptance to project closure across the product lines assigned. Facilitates necessary internal and external meetings and prepare necessary status reports to ensure project tasks are being completed in a timely fashion. Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and technical applications. Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations. May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Managing and overseeing project cycles, from project acceptance to project closure across the product lines assigned.
· Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and contract requirements for viability of quote, acceptance and performance. Communicates projects that should be de-emphasized or rejected to the Vice President of Sales.
· Defines (scope) and implement project plans in accordance with the customer’s needs as early as pre-selling activities, through proposal scoping and through project start up, execution and completion.
· Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, and gross margins per project.
· Coordinates the interaction with internal departments in the areas of procurement, production, sales, services and support through appropriate management personnel.
· Develop a system or report of profitability and gross margin per project. This report is to be distributed on a monthly basis. Profitability and gross margin review for all Pressure Control products should be done at least on a quarterly basis.
· Define and manage overall project risk identification and mitigation process through Vice President of Sales.
· Define and implement a process to manage overall project risk identification and mitigation with the Vice President of Sales.
· Facilitates necessary internal and external meetings and prepare necessary status reports to ensure project tasks are being completed in a timely fashion.
· Complete and manage project activities using an industry standard project management process and approach to ensure a consistent approach to project completion with other similar projects within the Company.
· Define and manage overall change control processes and quality assurance aspects of the projects to ensure project success.
· Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored in the appropriate electronic or file database.
· Effectively communicates relevant project information to appropriate management.
· Liaison between customers, operations, outside sales and third-party inspectors for the attainment and fulfillment of project sales orders.
· Troubleshoot customer complaints and problems with projects to insure internal compliance with company policies and procedures in addition to providing the highest level of customer service. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
· Responsible for expediting back ordered materials when needed.
· Assures project legal documents are completed and signed for each project.
· Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and technical applications.
· Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
· May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Proficiency with the following computer software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Material Resource Planning software knowledge preferred. Must quickly adapt to learning new software.
· Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously with the capacity to work independently, coupled with the ability to plan and perform work with minimal direction or supervision.
· Strong project management skills to include, but not limited to: technical equipment knowledge and application, translating customer needs into a formalized business processing documents, strong knowledge and application of API and ASME, and effective customer service and interfacing skills for use of external and internal communications.
· Excellent problem solving and resolution skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills to include time and priority management.
· Understands basic revenue models, P/L and cost-to-completion projections.
· Understands price modeling.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven demonstration of effective and efficient interfacing with all levels of employees.
· Must demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate, direct and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
· Flexible and willing to work additional hours in order to complete special projects.
· Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
· Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, projects, and priorities.
· Technical undergraduate degree preferred.
· At least 10 years of relevant experience, including equipment application knowledge.
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS Projects experience preferred.