Under direct supervision, assists in the performance of a variety of warehousing duties. Puts up stock, (rotates, lines-up, and stocks) according to company designations. Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment. Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products around the warehouse. Outside work is required. Fast-paced environment and repetitive tasks. Carries out daily preventive maintenance on fork lift, inventory raw materials and finished products, verifies shipping and receiving documents, drums-out products from storage to fill orders, manipulates loads by weight and reads scales to verify accuracy of drum weights, utilizes tank strapping to avoid overfills and adheres to plant safety policies and procedures.
· Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
· Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
· Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
· Report quality variances.
· Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
· Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
· Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
· Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
· Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
· Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
· On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
· Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
· Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
· Assist in physical inventories.
· Ensure proper stock rotation.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
· Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
· Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
· Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
· Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
· Ability to maintain forklift certification.
· Ability to read and interpret written instructions and to write intelligible reports.
· Knowledge of plant lay out including location of finished products and raw materials.
· Knowledge of paperwork flow for shipping and receiving documents.
· Plant safety policies and procedures.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must be certified by Forum to operate fork-lift before he/she can be put to work.
· 1+ years of previous industrial warehousing experience.