Investigates and analyzes credit risks, working within guidelines established by the company. Resolves complex credit problems but may request assistance on highly sensitive accounts. Assists in the collection of past due accounts. Establishes credit limits and makes credit decisions. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Daily prioritization and managing collection activities calling on past due customers and making written demand for payments in accordance with contractual terms
- Work with customers to make appropriate payment arrangements with management approval
- Prepare collections report detailing delinquent customers, identify trends of possible credit risks and effectively communicating information to internal and external customers; and provide other accounting reports and projects as needed.
- Recommend accounts for 3rd Party Pursuit
- Achieve individual, department and company objectives with regard to cash collection
- Solid organization, analytical, negotiation and excellent professional verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of Credit & Commercial laws
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Strong Commercial collections experience
- Tactful dealing with internal sales reps as well as external customers
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter
- Team player with professional disposition, and positive creative problem solving attitude
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience as a credit analyst.
- Previous collections/accounting experience preferred
- Navision and GetPaid Software preferred
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- High School
- Finance & Accounting