Develops and allocates resources to obtain goals set by executive management. Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects. Manage and mentor a staff of employees to meet or exceed goals in developing technology supporting existing products and producing technical documentation. Provide employee development by setting goals and objectives. Develop processes and procedures to improve group efficiency. Manages offshore engineering as required to improve group productivity. Manages a budget and monitors actual expenses. Provides assistance and support to geoscience, manufacturing, sales, customer service and field personnel with technical issues as required. Develops and presents plans, project status updates to management as required.
- Lead a technical staff to successfully execute engineering tasks precisely and on time.
- Use technical experience to learn products, champion new ideas and patents and create vision on how to technically grow our product offering organically
- From a business leadership position, must be able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company, technically integrate newly acquired businesses and have the ability to make technical presentations to our customers to aid sales in selling current production, launching new products, and/or gathering technical ideas from our customers.
- From a manager standpoint must be able to manage and mentor the team and resolve any performance issues.
- Responsible for engineering, product development and product support activities for subsea services, Houston.
- Works with FET engineering teams worldwide.
- Manages and trains engineering team and coordinates activities of engineering department to design, process, project, and develop, produce, improve, and test components, products, systems, and services
- Manages and directs the product support activities for the region. Works in conjunction with the other locations to insure consistent support is provided to our client base across all product lines.
- Provides planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Administers personnel functions including recruiting, hiring, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, selection and placement of personnel, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimates. Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Provides technical and engineering cost support to sales team during bid proposals.
- Prepares and controls department budget, forecasts operating costs of department, and directs preparation of budget requests. Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects. May direct field testing of products and systems performed by field staff.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, good motivational skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering, Geosciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0 - 10%