About our company:
FET (Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.) is a global company, serving the crude oil, natural gas, and renewable energy industries. FET is headquartered in Houston, TX with quality manufacturing, efficient distribution, and service facilities conveniently located to support the major energy-producing regions of the world. Forum’s products and services range from the underwater reservoir to the refinery, from the sea floor to the above ground transportation line. We pride ourselves on giving you a comprehensive offering of solutions to maximize your operations and improve your bottom line. Our customers are our partners and we work with them to solve their ever-changing challenges.
About the role:
Reporting to the Product Line Director – the Sr Automation & Controls Engineer provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of electrical and control systems for the company’s products, including, but not limited to, establish and document electrical system requirements for development project, control application software development, testing and field support. Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Responsible for scheduling and project management.
- Design and develop electrical system and produce documentation such as control panel wiring diagrams and electrical system single line diagrams
- Develop, troubleshoot, and support control software for industrial & oilfield applications
- Thoroughly test and document all control software developed
- Communicate with team members outside of the electrical engineering discipline to attain clear project specifications and expectations
- Work closely with field service teams to monitor equipment and to take adequate actions when needed
- Work with customers to identify opportunities for new data-driven products and ways to improve existing ones
- Identify and evaluate new Industrial instrumentation technologies and replace now old/obsolete components
- Identify and execute on design improvements and cost reduction
- Verify all components and systems are compliant with safety and regulatory requirements (IEC/NEC, ATEX/IECEx, CSA, UL, CE etc.)
- Take responsibilities for training other stakeholders and develop their Digital knowledge
- Make decisions and provide advice that encompasses relevant technical and commercial aspects
- Write documentations for both internal and external use
- Manage the details in your workplan and keep the workplan up to date.
- Expert understanding of engineering principles and terminologies
- Ability to review, troubleshoot and support new and existing software projects
- Proficient understanding of software versioning tools.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics.
- Experience with rotating machinery, variable frequency drives, motor control centers and switchgear
- Strong understanding of networking and communications protocols.
- Working knowledge of C, C++, and different PLC software systems (Siemens, Rockwell, Parker IQAN etc.)
- Experience with HMI programming
- Experience with communication protocols (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, ProfiNet, Profibus etc.)
- Expert knowledge of ‘NoSQL’ databases
- Strong multitasking and communication skills
- Willing to travel globally (around 20% travel).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or similar
- 7+ years related experience preferred
- Expert knowledge and understanding of PLC based Control Systems (Siemens and IQAN preferable).
- Ability to read, understand and produce engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Associate's Degree