Supervises and coordinates the work of HSE Specialists to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and FET policies and procedures. and to Ensures practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace, and a Safety Culture exists to ensure employees are accountable and responsible. Develops procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements. Effectively presents information and responds to questions or concerns from employees, managers, clients and the general public. Responsible for developing programs to identify risk, reduce incidents, and ensure required risk management plans are implemented. Liaises with various parties regarding HSE and develops HSE partnerships. Ensures that HSE training is provided to personnel and incidents are investigated, reviewed and followed up. Participates in post-incident investigations and advises management on corrective action required. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Promote a strong awareness and personal responsibility for HSE with all management and employees while supporting overall business goals
- Review company activities and ensure compliance with HSE policies, plans and procedures.
- Create and implement HSE programs and processes such as: training, audits, observations, risk assessments etc. Act as technical advisor to management at leadership levels
- Create processes to ensure legal, business and client requirements are met Provide HSE coaching and mentoring for the site personnel/leadership and HSE group
- Participate in project planning and change management activities to identify HSE issues and opportunities with the goal to eliminate or control risks
- Analyze trends and root causes to present plans and suggestions to improve controls
- Ensure identification of corrective actions for incidents, audits and observations then analyzing for trends and using research and best demonstrated practices to address those findings
- Lead efforts in audits and responses to external and internal customers.
- Compile and publish internal and external HSE statistics, data, and reports
- Will lead special projects, as assigned.
- Thorough working knowledge of HSE regulations and practices
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
- Environmental knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Full HSE Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.