Forum Energy Technologies is currently searching for a Strategic Planning Analyst to join our dynamic Strategy Team to continue to support and shape the future of our company’s tremendous growth!
The Strategic Planning Analyst will champion the development and management of a full cycle data based sales process for their assigned FET product lines. A successful candidate will be someone who can source relevant market data, analyze the data to help develop sales strategy, turn the strategy into a tactical sales plan, and compare the plan against actual results to continuously improve the process. This position will require someone who is willing to identify, meet with, and develop relationships with key industry contacts. This position will report to the Manager of Strategic Planning and will work closely with their assigned product line management. This position will be primarily office based, and will require up to 25% travel for sales meetings, field visits, and industry events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with regional and production teams to collect market intelligence, aggregate and analyze for trends, and present results to management team
- Evaluate business performance of product lines and make portfolio recommendations to optimize growth and profitability for global business
- Create and maintain quantitative model of competitive participation in markets and geographies
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Analyze macroeconomic indicators and develop correlation models to track business performance and develop long range economic models for global business
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Monitor market intelligence to open new opportunities in CRM
- Create activity based demand forecasts by region, customer, and product
- Continuously manage the sales opportunity funnel as forecasts turn to actuals
- Work with management to prioritize sales leads and opportunities
- Lead quarterly total addressable market (TAM) sizing workshops with the product lines leaders
- Helps business development teams with lead generation and new client mapping
- Improve marketing and ad campaign strategy with market data
- Use closed opportunities as an input to imply market share and future sales forecasts
- Support and participate in major management events such as board meetings, quarterly business reviews, strategy reviews, and planning conferences
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings; identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other party’s researches and implement best practices.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact
- Strong prioritization, planning, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to review information objectively
- Can assess risks and plan to mitigate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 2+ years of sales strategy experience
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Familiarity with CRM systems (MS Dynamics preferred)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (pivot tables, computational programming)