Production Planner, Kirkbymoorside
Forum Energy Technologies (FET) is a world leader for the supply of Work Class ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicles), Observation Class ROVs, Trenchers and Submarine Rescue Systems providing innovative solutions for challenging deep water intervention operations. Design and manufacture of these systems is based at the facility at Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire which is part of a worldwide company with headquarters in Houston, USA. These products are known worldwide for unrivalled quality and technical excellence utilising a wealth of experience, delivering products that perform reliably in hostile environments.
Job purpose: To control production planning within the production work centers.
- Releasing job cards into production via the VWR and VSSR systems.
- Pushing and pulling product through the production and stores departments (flow).
- Reviewing shortages and expediting priorities.
- Progress reporting on production.
- Liaison for project managers.
- Support production in general.
- Monitor all materials for works orders.
- Make continuous improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Raising, maintaining and closing all applicable works orders.
- Prioritize workflow to ensure on time delivery.
- Expediting all parts associated with works orders and purchase orders.
- Monitor all materials.
- Support production.
- Proven competency in manufacturing resource planning / materials requirements planning.
- Prior manufacturing experience would be essential.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- ERP system functionality.
- Microsoft Excel to intermediate standard ideally: (pivot tables, vlookups advantageous)
- Production planning processes.
Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational and motivational skills.
- Team player.
- Production processes (machine shop and assembly) within an engineering business preferred.
- Previous experience of manufacturing resource planning / materials requirements.
- MRP/ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics Navision/Business Central advantageous).
- Previous manufacturing experience would be advantageous.
- Maintain behavior in compliance with Forum HSE requirements.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behavior.
- Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk.
- Educated in a technical or business management field.
For further information: Shona Anderson – (01224) 540882
Submit applications to: [email protected]