Operates and receives training on special purpose equipment, and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Under direct supervision, operates equipment such as: heavy hauler trucks, crawler dozers, graders, other support equipment, and both hydraulic and electric shovels.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Machinist trade school or equivalent training preferred.
- Entry Level.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- High School