FET (Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.) is a global company, serving the crude oil, natural gas, and renewable energy industries. FET is headquartered in Houston, TX with quality manufacturing, efficient distribution, and service facilities conveniently located to support the major energy-producing regions of the world. Forum’s products and services range from the underwater reservoir to the refinery, from the sea floor to the above ground transportation line. We pride ourselves on giving you a comprehensive offering of solutions to maximize your operations and improve your bottom line. Our customers are our partners and we work with them to solve their ever-changing challenges.
Forum Energy Technologies (FET) Subsea product line is a leading provider of subsea related products and services. FET Subsea’s extensive product line focuses on remote intervention technology with the capability to provide everything from a world class subsea trencher to tooling and individual components such as thrusters. The Perry® and Sub-Atlantic® range of Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), tether management systems, tooling and components is one of most comprehensive and highly rated in the industry coupled other subsea technology products include Dynacon winches, launch and recovery systems (LARS); VMAX™ simulation software; and VisualSoft data acquisition software.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for developing business and providing product technical support for FET’s Subsea products within the United States. The position will act as the lead person for all Business Development for the Subsea’s Dynacon product that designs and manufactures Launch and Recovery Systems for small, medium, and large systems together with customized engineered solutions in the mechanical handling area within the Offshore environment. This position has the overall responsibility for developing and expanding the global growth strategy for Subsea’s Dynacon line of capital products.
The BDM maintains an overview of the market and works with the account teams to identify opportunities and grow profitable revenue. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining profitable relationships with both existing clients and potential customers. They typically interface with mid-level managers up to executive level managers.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Create and implement a strategic sales plan to grow the customer base within existing and new market segments and expansion beyond.
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Develop goals for business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Assist with input to the strategic direction for the operational aspects of FET Subsea within the market.
- Implement a sustainable strategy to develop the future products for the global product line, in conjunction with Engineering.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of sustainable key client strategies.
- Develop and implement a clear post-delivery support strategy.
- Coordinate with senior management team and operations to develop, maintain and continually improve sales materials.
- Communicate new opportunities, special developments, information, product requests and feedback gathered through related activities to the senior management team.
- Maintain behavior in compliance with Forum HSE requirements.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company at all levels both internally and externally
- Reports to the VP on the status of the business development into the areas.
- Increase the value earned from our existing large installed base of systems and clients across the world.
- Develop new business that is outside of our traditional markets.
- Assist in the process of New Product Development to ensure that our products are fit for the future.
- Global travel will be required to gather market intelligence, building a network of customer contacts and direct sales activities and will include the capability to build and develop relationships across a range of Markets.
- Ideally the position will be based in Bryan/Houston but we welcome applicants regardless of location.
- Strong sales, negotiation, IT fluency and communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Diligent and dependable with a high level of accuracy and detail in support of timeframes and budgets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- Has a high degree of strategic agility and can develop executable strategies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering – preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration – desirable
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in business development and business representation in a relevant industry – Offshore/Subsea
- Understand the certification requirements for products operating in the Offshore/Subsea market – Lloyds/DNV/ABS
- Experience in business development expansion into international markets
- Proven ability to build relationships in new sectors with new clients
FET is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's Degree