It is the responsibility of this of this position to perform all blasting and painting tasks necessary to prime, coat and finish pressure vessels, piping and structural weldment after assembly. The purpose of the position is to provide a quality finish on FORUM fabricated products, using the finishing consumables provided, according to the qualified coating procedures, within the time allocated in the production schedule, and in accordance with Forum US, Inc. Quality Requirements.
- Set-up/blast with sand, shot or grit.
- Spray paint (A=airless)
- Achieve and Maintain consistent DFT.
- Knowledgeable in coating types and methods.
- Ability to service blast and paint equipment.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Speed of accomplishing tasks – moderate.
- Ability to work safely – must.
- Number of direct quality incidents – <12 a year.
- Strong coating knowledge and technical proficiency in an ASME pressure vessel and structural steel manufacturing environment.
- Class-appropriate level of experience.
- A working knowledge of shop scheduling, material provisions, shop layout and process throughput is highly encouraged.
- A high school or vocational school diploma is desired.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field.
with NACE Coating Requirements is necessary.
in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- High School
- 0 - 10%