Inspects parts, assemblies and subassemblies to drawings and prints. Initiates non-conformance reports on all parts and assemblies that are not to drawing and print specifications. Assures that manufactured units meet quality control procedures, engineering specifications and customer requirements. Initiates corrective action requests when conditions adverse to quality are repetitive in nature. Completes, inspects and distributes all quality records and documents. Performs specialized testing as required. Verifies tests as required on all components and completed assemblies. Works independently with minimal to no supervision. May be responsible for supervising, coaching or training of junior level staff. This does not include Managers.
- Read and interpret blueprints for the purpose of performing in-process and final inspection and testing of API 6A products and welded and fabricated equipment.
- Proficient use of Measuring and Testing Equipment /Software and ability to perform calibrations on equipment.
- Follow shop routers/work order to schedule sequence inspection/testing operations.
- Perform Receiving, In-process, Final Inspection and testing utilizing drawing specifications.
- Document Receiving, In-process and Final Inspections.
- Perform calibrations on M&TE.
- File and maintain all Quality Control records.
- Perform essential duties following the Quality Management System.
- Report and document nonconformance or potential problems relating to the quality of product and/or the QMS.
- Perform work in a professional and safe manner.
- Report unsafe work practices.
- Knowledge of dimensional testing and manufacturing.
- Sound product knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- High School
- 0 - 10%