Under direct supervision, assists in the day-to-day accounting activities which may include maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and/or in the preparation of basic financial reports. Responsible for the actuals and plans for ledgers and bank reconciliation. Assists the accounting staff in monthly closes of the ledger. Assists in various account reconciliations and analyses. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Prepare monthly product line financial reporting and coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing. Summarize the operating insights into what is driving the financial results. Explain variances from forecast. Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
* Coordinate analysis related to product line profitability and expense variance analysis.
* Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies, reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
* Coordinate all Audits providing request information on a timely basis.
* Maintain a listing of all completed Journal Entries and Schedules assuring completion in the designated time
* Review and ensure all employee expense reports are submitted timely and in accordance with company policies.
* Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses on a daily basis.
* Support special projects or financial analysis when needed by management.
* Support initiatives for process improvements such as cost accounting, expense analysis and margin analysis or other opportunities.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
* Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good PC skills.
* Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)