Works independently to assist in the design and development of equipment required to meet customer’s needs or market demands. Utilize current manufacturing/business systems for cost, inventory and purchasing information. Develops engineering documentation for drawings, schematic drawings, material specification or other required data. Assist or conduct problem studies leading to recommendations for upgrading/improving existing equipment in field or lab environment. Under general supervision, perform product testing functions in a test lab facility and/or field location. Completes projects as assigned.
- May have responsibility for coordinating engineering work assignments and making recommendations on technical applications developed by other professional personnel or consultants.
- May involve the direct supervision of a group of professionals.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- Checks work for accuracy and completeness.
- As a specialist, conducts special, complex and advanced level studies.
- Work is generally reviewed for results only.
- Makes independent decisions within broad guidelines and policies.
- May make recommendations concerning selection, training, discipline and remuneration of staff.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
• Must be able to understand all phases of field operations and equipment with particular attention to department or work group’s field of expertise.
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel.
- Proficient with Solid Works or similar engineering design software required.
- BS in Technical discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in design, product development.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 20 - 30%