Under general supervision, assists in the design and development and supports the sustainment of the existing product line of valves required to meet customer’s needs or market demands in accordance to the industry standards. This role will primarily be working with trunnion mounted ball valves, with secondary work on other products including gate, globe, check and floating ball valves.
Utilize current manufacturing/business systems for cost, inventory and purchasing information. Prepare engineering documentation for drawings, bill of materials, material specification or other required data. Assist or conduct problem studies leading to recommendations for upgrading/improving existing equipment in field or lab environment. Under general supervision, perform product testing functions in a test lab facility and/or field location. Some travel may be required. Completes projects as assigned.
· Incumbent receives assignments of limited scope and complexity.
· Uses a variety of standard problem-solving techniques.
· May assist more senior engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring computation methods.
· Duties are assigned with detailed oral and occasionally written instructions.
· Work is reviewed in detail with guidance given.
· May give limited technical guidance to junior professionals or technicians working on a common project.
· Problem solving with customer field service and supplier manufacturing issues.
· Assist customers with service compatibility & applications.
· Support sales customer requests for technical information & assistance.
· Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
· Familiarity with API 6D, API 608, ASME B16.34 preferred.
· Must be able to understand all phases of field operations and equipment with particular attention to department or work group’s field of expertise.
· Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel.
· Intermediate level of experience with Solid Works or similar engineering design software required.
· BS in Technical discipline.
· 3-6 years of experience in manufacturing, design, & product development for the valve industry.
· Experience with ANSYS CFD software