Splice protectors provide essential protection that shields cable splices from mechanical forces in the wellbore. With numerous configurations available, our protectors can be tailored to specific sizes of cables and splices.
Forum’s splice protectors are part of our Cannon Services product line and extensive MultiLift artificial lift solutions catalog.
- Protects splices from installation- and retrieval-related damage.
- Offers high reusability that saves cost on well recompletions.
- Installs in the most complex offshore/subsea well designs.
- Reduces workover time and cost due to quick installation.
- Interchangeable designs (fits tubing with outside diameters of 2.375-13.75 inches or greater)
- Configurations for flat-to-flat, round-to-round or flat-to-round cable splices
- Commonly used on motor lead extensions and pigtail splices
- Fits with splice types such as tubing-encapsulated cable (TEC), hydraulic, other line configurations
- Suitable for high-angle wellbores
- Custom built per well requirements
- Assemblies deployed mid-joint or cross-coupling
- Options for corrosion-resistant alloy and other specialty steels
- Electric submersible pump cable splices
- Heater cable splices
- Downhole pressure and temperature transducer Y-block splices
- TEC/fiber optic splices