FET Dynacon is the industry leader in the design and manufacture of traction winch systems handling up to 11,500 meters (38,000 feet) of fiber optic and electro-mechanical cables.
Dynacon specializes in ultra-deep-water applications utilizing traction winch systems. These systems are used in conjunction with deep-tow sonar, sub-bottom profiling, towed camera sleds and deep-water search and salvage operations. Dynacon traction winches are available in a variety of configurations to suit the intended purpose of our customers.
Some of these traction winch systems have, from the earliest days of Dynacon, included motion-compensated deployment as a part of the system. Demand for motion compensated systems has progressed and we now offer both Active and Passive Heave. We engineer our systems to ensure the hydraulic power units are sized correctly to maximize the motion compensation dynamics for the specific application.
As early as 1997, Dynacon delivered traction winch and motion compensated crane systems designed for deep CTD applications. Upgrades and retrofits to incorporate the Active Heave capability are growing and represent an emerging market for Dynacon.
- Electrohydraulic drive systems
- Local Control
- Full variable line speed
- Electro-Active Levelwind
- Turning Sheave Cable Exit
- Failsafe inline brake
- Regenerative Braking
- DC & AC Voltage Options
- Steel with marine-grade coatings
- Level wind guide bars nickel plated
- Machinery Guards
- Delrin sheaves and cable fairings
- Bolt-on stub shafts with bearings
- Slip ring capable
- Active heave compensation interface, provided by Scantrol, to compensate for vessel motion.
- Passive heave compensation.
- Line monitoring system with line count, line speed, and tension.
- Constant tension mode for maintaining a preset tension.
- Optional Voltage Systems
CTD Traction Winch System
- 60-100 horsepower options
- 4,000 lbs. To 9,200 lbs. safe working load
Deep Tow Traction Winch System
- 100-500 horsepower options
- 30,000 lbs. safe working load