Mud Gate Valves
FET’s Mud Line Gate Valves support mud, fracturing, steam, cement, and water abrasive applications.
100% of our Mud Gate Valves undergo a hydrostatic bi-directional seat and shell test.
Mud Gate Valves with incredible high pressure is ideal for oil-based applications like Pipe Line, Sour gas Line, Crude oil, Manifolds, and Well heads. In fact, the unique design of our Mud Gate Valves facilitates well treating chemicals, water flood lines, drilling chemicals, and abrasive drilling mud.
Our Mudline Gate Valves are custom-designed to render extended high-pressure service for standpipe and standpipe manifold systems. You can count on our Mud Gate Valves to ensure tight shutoff after each closing cycle and continue to perform after direct exposure to scoring and abrasion. Our entire line of Mud Gate valves adheres to face-to-face dimensions and pressure ratings set forth by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Regular Port: 5 x 4 inches, 6 x 5 inches, and 6 x 4 inches.
- Full Port: 2, 2×3, 2-1/2, 3, and 4 inches along with 4-1/6 inches and 5-1/8 inches.
Pressure Testing: Mudline Gate Valves
All of FET’s mud gate valves go through hydrostatic testing at the following pressure ratings:
|Working Pressure (Bi-directional seat test)||Shell Test Pressure|
|2,000 psi||3,000 psi|
|3,000 psi||4,500 psi|
|5,000 psi||7,500 psi|
|7,500 psi||11,250 psi|
Essential Features and Benefits of Using Mud Gate Valves
- Temperature ratings from -40 to 400° Fahrenheit.
- NACE Compliant trim options
- Valves can support regular and full-size ports with various configurations.
- Steel body built with a specialized bonnet with multiple gate and stem configurations.
- Valves are hydrostatically tested and adhere to API 6A/6D specifications.
- Valves available with the following end connections:
- Hammer Union (FIG: 602, 1002, 1502)
- Threaded (API: Line Pipe, NUE Tubing, EUE Tubing, Casing)
- ANSI and API RTJ Flanged
- ASNI RF Flanged
- SCH 160/XXH Butt Weld
Mudline Gate Valves: Other Defining Features
One of the defining features of FET Mud Bi-Directional Gate Valves is that end-users can utilize them for erosive and abrasive applications. These valves use a molded, one-piece vulcanized elastomeric over metal boot style seat design, and have a long history of being a dependable workhorse used in many service applications. Repeatable high or low-pressure validation testing using liquids or gases makes these valves very durable and dependable. FET valves are easily serviced and rebuilt using replacement components, furnished along with documented certification packages.
Mud Gate Valves: Applications
- Standpipe Mud Manifolds
- Choke and Kill Manifolds
- Mud Pump Manifolds
- Water, Gas, and Oil fields
- Frac Service
- High-Pressure Abrasive Drilling Mud
- Sour crude oil