Created over 10 years ago with the merger of Forum Oilfield Technologies, Triton Group, Global Flow Technologies, Allied Technologies and Subsea Services International, Forum Energy Technologies is a global oilfield products company, serving the drilling, subsea, completions, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and gas industry. Forum continues to grow organically and through measured acquisition.
Our vision is driven by our core values; No one gets hurt, Integrity, Customer Focused and a Good place to work.
The Machine Operator is a team member in the day-to-day operations of the company’s manufacturing facilities. Their work must adhere to all quality, safety, and efficiency policies. The Machine Operators report to the General Manager, however for day-to-day guidance relative to plant operations, Machine Operators report to their Team Leader.
· Effectively and efficiently operate wireline cable manufacturing equipment
· Execute quality inspection, and set-up checklists
· Complete documentation thoroughly and accurately
· Report and document product quality non-conformances immediately.
· Complete assigned preventive maintenance tasks (lubricating, cleaning, etc.)
· Cross-train in all areas of operation
· Identify and report equipment issues (look, listen, feel) to prevent equipment breakdown or failure
· Participate in improvement initiatives related to safety, quality, and efficiency in area of responsibility
· Diligent reporting of safety, quality, maintenance, or other issues to ensure important improvement ideas are communicated
· Develop a Lean Manufacturing mindset, focused on removing waste in operations to deliver quality products at lower cost
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping are sustained
· Ensure all tools, materials & equipment are stored in designated area
· Other duties as assigned.
· Prior experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
· Understand the principles of 5S and Lean Manufacturing preferred
· Able to change task or direction while maintaining organization
· Good organizational skills
· Forklift/Reach Truck Certification
· Ability to lift 45lbs unassisted
· High attention to detail
· Analytical thinker and problem-solving capabilities
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 1+ year of manufacturing experience preferred.