Pack-offs and Stuffing Boxes
Open Hole Pack Offs
- For use in applications with no surface pressure, and where pressure is not expected.
- Lower packoff is used as conventional packoff, in a situation where unexpected pressure or well kick” is experienced, unit allows for additional riser to be installed with upper packoff and equalizing system to allow for safe removal of tool string.
- Air injection line cleaner and line lubrication ports are integral to our aluminum Tulip Top.
- 3,500 psi. working pressure
- 4,500 psi. test pressure
- 6-1/2″ i.d. (7-5/8″ riser)
- 8-3/16″ i.d. (9-5/8″ riser)
Closed Hole Pack Offs
This unit it designed to wipe wire free of well fluids and debris. This task is accomplished by the use of replaceable rubber inserts that squeeze around the wireline as it is drawn through the packoff body.
Unit will affect a seal at 5,000 psi. Working pressure (static line). Seal is maintained by hydraulic pressure supplied by a 3,000 psi hand pump.
Unit may also be used as a “Dual Packoff”. This is the configuration most preferred, simply because it allows you to use the lower unit as your line wiper and the upper unit as your Packoff (static line).