RPM & SPM Tachometer Systems
RPM Rotary Speed Indicator System
Accurate rotary speed readings help driller optimize drill speed.
The Forum RPM Rotary Speed Indicator System provides exceptionally accurate rotary speed measurements enabling the driller to optimize drill speed for maximum efficiency.
The system includes the Gauge and a Generator that powers the system.
SPM Pump Speed Indicator System
Quick pump speed readings detect pump or hole problems
The Forum SPM Pump Speed Indicator System provides quick, easy-to-read pump speed measurements — information the mud pressure gauge does not deliver. The system includes the gauge and a generator that powers the system.
- Available in a variety of capacities, with maximum capacities of 1000 RPM and 500 SPM (special capacities available upon request)
- Available in panel-mounted or box-mounted configurations
- 250° pointer travel range
RPM & SPM Tachometer Generators
Rugged and dependable generators measure and display RPM of any rotating object
Forum RPM and SPM Tachometer Generators are available in explosion-proof and non-explosion-proof models. Each generator has an output of 10 VAC @ 1,000 RPM in either direction — clockwise or counterclockwise.
Non-Explosion proof (A78-145-1A) Explosion-proof model (A75-1163)
- 10 VAC @ 1,000 RPM output.
- Explosion-proof model is listed by Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL)for use in hazardous locations, Division 1, Group D (natural gas or the vapors from lacquer solvents, acetone, alcohols, and petroleum derivatives such as gasoline) and Class 2, Groups F and G.
- Easily mounted, with a direct connection to the pump pinion shaft by means of a flexible coupling or by a V-belt connection between the shaft and the generator pulley.
- A heavy-duty, oil-resistant electrical cord connects the generator to the RPM meter.
- Generator supplies all the power necessary for one or more Indicators — no outside power or batteries are required.
- Center-point mounted drums ensure optimum accuracy.
- Smooth, machine-grooved drum surface extends cable life.
- Heavy-duty, high-grade structural steel construction with tapered roller anti-friction bearings and heat-treated alloy shaft provides a super strong anchor with exceptional durability.
- Proof-testing to 150% of rated capacity ensures superior reliability.
- Durable bronze wireline clamp inserts provide tight cable grip without damage to the line.
- Easy to install and service.