Create and supply CNC programs to manufacture components according to Engineering drawings and/or customer specification, monitor the manufacturing process to assure the most efficient way tool to produce parts. Schedule Workload to the Machine Shop process based upon Production needs and priorities. Trouble shoots CNC programs problem on the floor assisting operators to correct them.
- Check and issue CNC programs to the floor based upon priorities according to the production schedule
- Verify material size, drawing revision and program revision. Use alternative material when is applicable
- Develop and document master programs to simplify programming tasks.
- Optimize speeds feeds and cutting tools with newest technology.
- Review and release work order to warehouse.
- Optimize existing programs.
- Responsible for program database.
- Update CAM software as required.
- Review prepared program for accuracy
- Follow up on Jobs order according to deadlines and priorities
- Enter customer orders for PBV manufactured products and coordinate with planning to ensure component availability to meet schedule.
- Assist shop supervisor and operators on set ups when required
- Release, control and maintain up to date machine shop schedule
- Generate and publish weekly reports identifying all components required to meet production goals and objectives.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Pathtrace or other programming system.
- Capable to perform math and geometry calculation.
- Ability to coordinate and accomplish multiple projects.
- Good communication and verbal skills.
- Standing, walking, carrying, bending, stooping, and sitting over an 8-hour day.
- High school graduate or GED, Technical degree preferred.
- CAM system experience required and AUTOCAD preferred
- 3 years minimum experience as a CNC machinist
- 3 years minimum CNC programming experience.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)