About our company:
FET (Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.) is a global company, serving the crude oil, natural gas, and renewable energy industries. FET is headquartered in Houston, TX with quality manufacturing, efficient distribution, and service facilities conveniently located to support the major energy-producing regions of the world. Forum’s products and services range from the underwater reservoir to the refinery, from the sea floor to the above ground transportation line. We pride ourselves on giving you a comprehensive offering of solutions to maximize your operations and improve your bottom line. Our customers are our partners and we work with them to solve their ever-changing challenges.
About the products you’ll design:
This role is focused on designing oilfield products that are on the drilling side of the business specifically for designing innovative mud pump components. View the innovative product line at https://f-e-t.com/drilling/osprey/p-quip-system/.
The Mechanical Design Engineer III works independently to assist in the design and development of drilling equipment required to meet customer’s needs or market demands.
You will utilize current manufacturing/business systems for cost, inventory and purchasing information.
Develop engineering documentation for drawings, schematic drawings, design calculations, procedures, material specifications or other required data.
Assist or conduct problem studies leading to recommendations for upgrading/improving existing equipment in field or lab environment. Under general supervision, perform product testing functions in a test lab facility and/or field location. Completes projects as assigned.
· Incumbent is responsible for varied engineering assignments requiring a broad knowledge of an engineering specialty and the effect the work has upon other fields.
· Solves problems using a combination of standard or modified procedures.
· Participates in planning objectives.
· Performs independent studies, and analyzes, interprets and draws own conclusions; more complex work projects are referred to more senior authorities.
· Not supervised in detail except on more difficult assignments.
· May give periodic technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
· Advanced knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
· Must be able to understand all phases of field operations and equipment with particular attention to department or work group’s field of expertise.
· Advanced expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel.
· BS+ in Mechanical Engineering is required.
· 4+ years of experience in design, product development.
· Solidworks or ANSYS required
· Matlab is preferred