Places orders for varieties of materials/supplies. May select and negotiate with approved vendors. Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed. Has authority to commit company to purchases within approved guidelines. Responsible for contract negotiations. Responsible for monthly budgets, inventory planning and production planning. Maintain min/max on inventory levels. May substitute items without approval. May train lower level buyers. May recommend new developments in materials and supplies and on improving quality and cost of purchases. Performs complex duties and exercise judgment for decisions and problem solving. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Purchasing material for assigned inventory and non-stock items.
- Generate purchase orders and insure order conformation form suppliers and system updated to reflect confirmation dates and other changes.
- Resolving errors on purchase orders required.
- Investigating and determining what/how/why material came in incorrectly or damaged.
- Filling purchase orders.
- Reviewing min-max or order inventory stock levels.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Applies knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Understanding of chemical, physical, and technical properties of steel.
- ERP experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and designation preferred.
- Professional certifications may be required.
- 6+ years of applicable experience.
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Bachelor's Degree